Sunday, March 2, 2008

::Jojo:: Foodie review: Spagheddies @ Paragon

Riz said he'll give me a nice treat if he got 2nd class upper honors for his degree and he did! That was a couple months back so after alot of bugging from lil miss greedy, I finally got that treat yesterday! Totally settled for the wrong place though... here's my review on 'Spagheddies' at Paragon.

Okay so we breeze into the restaurant and asked for a nice booth seat.. we were ushered by a malay floor manager who picked one out and then asked " is this nice enough?" in this slightly sarcastic tone without a smile. (Not very impressed already..like how the f*** did he become a manager huh??) After settling down on the seat, nobody had the intiative to serve us ice water till we asked for it.

Our orders:

Primo Combo
calamari, mozzarella sticks,soft shell crab
Presentation of our appetizer wasn't even that inviting. The mozarella sticks was nothing to rave about. The soft shell crab and calamari was just plain saltish but if anything the homemade tartar was a bit of a saving grace. A borderline satisfaction 5.5/10.

P/S: They need to be educated on the meaning 'appetizer', my salmon main dish actually came before this so I sent it back to the kitchen. Hopefully they didn't spit in it for me being such a fussy b****. :P

Pizza Bianca
Rotisserie chicken, garlic & asiago cheese on alfredo sauce.

The taste is as lack lustre as it looks. It tasted like home-made pizza (in that bad boring way) . I think I can whop up a better version. If anything pleasing, it was only the thin crust that made it easier to digest but I got sick of it after just 2 slices. Tobasco, parmesan cheese and chilli flakes didn't do much to spice up the taste. A disappointing 4.5/10.

Salmon with Red Wine-Olive Butter
Grilled, garnished with seasonal vegetables & roasted red skin potatoes.

Does it even look appetizing?!?!
In the search for the perfectly grilled / baked salmon , I was greeted with further disappointment. The salmon was overcooked (perhaps due to me sending it back to the kitchen earlier on), the potatoes were tasteless, the broccoli and mushrooms ? Mediocre. A devastating 2/10.

Needless to say, we didn't order desserts. The choices were limited and I wasn't ready for another 'setback'. I think we spent enough on lousy food.

I would render the whole dining experience as truly forgettable. Perhaps the only thing I'll remember is never to eat there again?!?!? Entering eating depression state. Riz: Thanks for the treat! Not your fault that it was bad!

Random pictures for the rest of the evening:




















Our best efforts to look like we were enjoying our food @_@.










At Cosmo outside Wisma Atria.








Watching the world go by ..









Riz 'act cute'. Can't stand his dimples.

After a few beers, cam-whoring.. .....

No comments: