Friday, September 10, 2010

Love: The 7th year itch





Is it true that in love, there is something called the 7th year itch? If it is true indeed, I must be feeling it today. Lots of it.

It started when I asked my boyfriend to do me a favor: which was to pick up some traditional malay clothes from our mutual friend's house as I had to wear it to his house tomorrow since it was Hari Raya. He would have been off work half day today and I was to finish only at 8.30pm and wanted to hit the gym after. He did not want to and I guess on my part I should try to understand as he probably had much to do at home like help his mom prepare for the festive period. It was almost 1am and he called me to do a favor to pay for some minor stuff as he left his internet banking equipment and it couldn't wait till tomorrow. I felt agitated since he didn't want to do me a favor earlier on and now he is only calling me when he need mine. What a selfish bastard right?

Times like this I feel like I deserve better and suddenly listening to his impatient voice over the phone turned a sour tune in me. JADED is how I feel. Sounds like a harsh word but I couldn't find another gentler word that could accurately describe how I feel this moment.

It worries me... the last time I felt this way ...we both felt the same and parted ways. Is there a way to not take each other for granted? Or is it inevitable since we've dated for such a long period? We're are planning to get married at the end of next year and for the very first time it scares me that I might not be ready for fear of what our future might hold. Will we last the test of time?? I wonder how many of you out there experience this. This is so not normal for me :'(

No comments: