Monday, June 16, 2008

::JOJO:: Regrets in words.

Regrets are the worst things in life.
It means too late, should have, would have, could have been. Regrets are sad because it means something irreversible has happened and big or small, you have to live with it for the rest of your life.

I have too many... but here's a few that has the greatest impact..

The 'too late' (My biggest regret):
Not spending more time with my mum when she was still around. It's something that will haunt me forever. Everytime I think of it, the thought just induces self-loathing. Why couldn't I have sacrifice more time and shower her with all the love and attention that I could have given? Why couldn't I have stayed more by her side and comforted her in her darkest of days? Does she forgive me for all of these? I can't. Now I try to make up for it by taking care of my little brother and guiding him in life, knowing that was one of her biggest worry and I hope I'm doing her right. Alas I know making up will never be enough.

The 'could have been':
Saying no to a job contract with mediacorppress after my graduation. What the freaking hell was I thinking??!?!?!? Things might have been sweet or at least agreeable (with my paycheck) by now and I would have been moving forward steadily instead of being stranded. Now I'm currently trying to change that by looking for a better job but no luck as yet. Luck? Is that all I can depend on??

The 'should have':
Doing better in my education and realizing the possible impact on my future. Live day to day?? Yea right. Failing to plan sure knocked me hard on the head even up to this moment. If I had done better I would have had windows of opportunities open for me even till now.. Ahh the luxury of choices.


The aftermath:
Rectifying mistakes cost alot more than the prevention of. As a result, Jo's wants and needs are unfulfilled leaving her potentially sad and jaded. Have to work doubly hard to catch up and yet tread ahead with caution. :/

Moral of the story:
The little everyday decisions you make in life can contribute to being the biggest regrets you'll have later.

No comments: