Saturday, December 26, 2009

2009 : A Glance


As I sat in solitude I started to think
The year that gone by in a wink and a blink
I chose to remember the happiest of times
The one my love said ''you'll be mine''

One with friends of a decade old
A night of memories to behold
So much laughter it invokes tears
A stronger bond with every year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the few significant memories that I want to hold for 2009. As we grow more and more superficial with every new mall, we easily forget the simple joy we find everyday. Joy from being with friends, joy from cooking your own food at home and cuddling on the couch. I hate how everything in Singapore is so overtly cosmopolitan, it is so easy to forget how to find joy apart from acquiring material things. Yet we beat ourselves up every single day, dragging our unwilling souls to work and hope for more money so that we can buy what we like for that little bit of superficial joy. The one that only last until the next bank statement or credit card bill. That being said though, anyone is still welcome to get me a Blackberry. hahaha =P

No comments: